No one likes to use their family as an excuse but since family is FAMILY, they come first. So if you really need the day off, family excuses must work! Sound worried and concerned and your employers will believe you, they don't have much choice.
1. I dropped my grandparents off before work today at the store, and as I was leaving, my grandparents
were rear ended by a car. So I helped them into the car and I'm going to take them to the hospital and when they
are done, take them home because they can't walk from the accident.
2. One of my family members and his/her family were evicted from their house and I have to help them move out today
or tomorrow they lose everything inside their house.
3. I can't come into work today, the babysitter called in sick so I must stay home and take care of the sick kids.
4. I'm can't make it into work today, my brother/sister is stranded 4 hours away with no money and no form of making
it back here, so I am stuck going to pick him/her up before it gets dark and dangerous out.
5. I'm not going to make it today, my sibling/child has a serious rash all over and I'm responsible for them going
to the hospital or doctors.
6. My child/family member was bullied at school and today I have a meeting with the principle and the bully's parents.
7. My cousin went to jail and I have to go bail them out, even though it's a distant cousin.(Use any family member)
8. I cant come in today, My niece/nephew drank some cleaning product from the bathroom cubboards, thinking it was coollaid and now
I'm rushing to the hospital, this is serious, got to go.
9. My niece/nephew was playing with unfinished wood and got so many splinters, now is crying so much from the pain.
There are so many that I'm taking him/her to the hospital.
10. I can't make it into work today I am responsible to go pick up my mother/father from the airport
11. I cannot come into work today, I have to take my sick mother/father to the doctor's office.
12. A family member is going for a transplant so I'm going to show my support with the family.
13. I'm not able to come into work today, my child/sibling has an ear infection and I am taking care of him/her.
14. I won't be able to make it to work today, my child/sibling has a sore throat and I am the only one home to take
care of him/her.
15. I can't come into work, my son/daughter has pink eye, I am responsible for taking care of them today.
16. I can't come to work today, my son/daughter has ringworm and I have to stay home and take care of him/her because
the babysitter does not want to come in contact with the contagious ringworm.
17. I'm not coming into work today, my child/sibling is coming down with strep throat.
18. I won't be coming into work today, my grandmother/grandfather is having an operation and I must be at the hospital.
19. I'm not coming to work today, my mother is pregnant and she is delivering her baby today.
20. I cannot come to work today, my sibling/cousin is having a baby today and I must be a the hospital.
21. I can't come into work today, my child/sibling has a high fever and I have to take care of him/her.
22. I'm not coming into work today my child/sibling ran away from home, I must stay here with the police officers.
23. I can't come into work today, my sibling/child/spouce slipped on the icey/slippery driveway, hurt them selves and
can barely walk. I am responsible to take them to the hospital for xrays.
24. My young child/brother/sister was hurt this morning playing in the jungle gym before school now I'm in the hospital
waiting with him/her until he finishes and goes home.
25. I can't come to work today my sibling/child is going to adopt a child and he/she is not ready for it! the baby
coming into my house! I have to convince her otherwise today.
26. My child/sister is having an abortion today and I have to be there for support, whatever her desicion may be.
27. I can't come into work, my child was involved in a fight at school. I must go to the
principle's office and bring him home.
28. One of my family members had a seizure and I am responsible for taking them to the hospital, I won't be in today.
29. My child/sibling was sleep walking during their sleep and fell down the stairs and got hurt, I have to accompany
them to the hospital.
30. One of my family members went into a clinic for an experimental vaccine test, and had an allergic reaction
and I have to go to the hospital with them. Sorry, I can't come into work.
31. I'm not coming into work today, my grandfather/grandmother had a stroke and I have to go visit him/her at the
32. My grandfather/grandmother just had an anxiety attack and I'm taking the day to take him/her to the hospital.
33. I have to go see my _____ (family member) that lost all his/her money at the casino, so I'm going to go see support
and give him money today because he is in trouble with morgage payments.
34. My son/brother/sister has dermatitis (rashes from allergies) and I have to take them to doctors or emergency.
35. My daughter/sister/brother has dyslexia and it is their spelling bee today, and I promised I go for support because
we practiced the words together, it means the world to them if I go.
36. I can't come to work, my brother/sister is having a school trip to the zoo and I was signed up and must go with them
or they cancel the whole trip.
37. One of my family members was hurt in a motocycle accident, I'm meeting them at the hospital and I can't come
38. I'm noy coming into work today, my child/younger brother/sister has an all day _________ sports
event, and I am suppose to go as a guardian.
Sports events - soccer, hockey, dance, football, volleyball, etc.
39.Today I can't come to work, we are having an intervention for a family member and it's crutial I attend.
40. One of my family members is suffering from anorexia and I am responsible for taking care and taking them to
the the doctors today, I won't be coming into work.
41. I can't come into work today a family member is suffering from hypersomnia (sleeping too much) and I have to
take them to the doctors office.
42. One of my family members is having an allergic reaction to a bee sting and I must accompany them to the hospital.
43. I can't come into work today, I'm staying home to support a family member that is suffering from post traumatic
44. I won't be able to come into work today, one of my uncle/aunts, is suffering from hypochondria and is a bad state
45. I can't come into work today, my son/nephew/niece ate a light bulb and I have to take them to the hospital because their
mouth is badly bleeding.
46. A family member tried to commit suicide and I have to stay here and console him/her.
47. One of my siblings woke up with no smell or taste so I am immediately taking them to the hospital, I think
its serious.(after waiting all day in the "hospital", its going to be alright)
48. My grandparent/s are arriving from _______(country) and I have to pick them up from the airport, if not they will
be stuck until I'm done work. Sorry I can't come into work today.
49. My sister is having contractions and I don't want to leave the house because I am responsible to drive her to the
50. I'm going to visit my cousin, he/she just got back from a missionary trip and was shot overseas. He/she is alive
but has some injuries so the family is having a reunion for him/her.
51. One of my family members was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I'm going to visit them today.
52. My ______(family member) has a bleeding nose that won't stop bleeding, It's serious and I'm taking care of them and
taking them to the hospital.
53. My nephew/niece ate a crayon/shoved a piece of crayon up his/her nose before I dropped them at school, he/she
is crying and complaining about the pain, so I'm on my way to the hospital. I can't come in today.
54. My ______'s house(family members house) was filled with racoons after last night and he/she called me over to help.
55. My child/nephew is missing and I'm driving around to different spots looking for him/her. I can't come into work today.
56. I won't be coming in today. We found out a family member is homosexual so my family and I are going
over to embrace and comfort him/her.
57. I was taking care of my young ______(relative) and they fell threw the frozen pond, I pulled them out but they are very, very
sick and I'm going to the emergency room, I won't be coming in today.
58. My child/niece was hurt doing aerobic exercises before school today, I think his ankle is broken so I rushed him to
the hospital/emergency room, and I'm waiting in line for him/her to get checked out. I can't make it to work today.
59. My child/nephew was playing in the backyard went he/she was poisoned by a poisonous frog. I'm rushing them to the hospital
and I'm not making it in today.
60. My ________(family member) is suddently suffering from amnesia so I'm going to take them for a check up. I can't come in
to work today. (amnesia -suffering from loss of memory)
61. My child/younger brother/sister ran out of their inhaler medication. I have to take them to the doctor's office before I
take them to school. He/she ran out of medication last night and is very sick so I'm going to be stuck in the
doctor's office or hospital all day. I can't come into work.
62. My _______(relative) called me and is sreaming because of the insect outbreak in his/her house overnight, He/she cried calling
for my help, I can't come into work because I need to help my beloved ________(relative).
63. My _______(family member) contracted an influenza with headaches, fever, and aching muscles. I have to stay here and
take care of him/her. Tomorrow someone will take care of him/her but today I must stay here because he/she is in critical condition.
Sorry, I cannot come in.
64. One of my family members is introuble with the police and I have to go meet the police officers
and pick him up from the police station I can't come into work today.
65. My brother/sister crashed my car and is injured on the way to the hospital. I can't come in, I'm taking the day to
go visit him/her at the hospital. He/she is going through horrible times and I need to go see them. I don't even care
about the car.(Mechanics did an amazing job to make your car identical again, and your brother/sister heals over a week or
two. You can say you are at the mechanics the next day to get one more day off)
66. My ________(family member) is stranded on an Island relatively nearby and had one phone call left, and used it on me,
just now. I don't know if he is with his family as well. I know how to get there from a harbor/marina I used to dock
my boat on. I am going on this trip to rescue my ________(family member) right now.
67. It's a meaningful day for my ________(family member) we are all getting together for this special day. My
_______(family member) is going to tell us the great news when we go see him.
68. I have a complex family situation that I must attend to help as much as I can, before anything gets worse. Please no
questions, its complex family things. I can't come into work today.
69. My nephew/younger cousin just injected himself/herself with a needle and I'm on my way to the hospital.
He is very sick, and I don't know where the needle came from. I'm going to be with him probably inside the emergency room.
I can't come into work.
70. I'm dealing with my intolerant ________(younger family memeber) and if I leave the house he/she will either destroy
my home, or run away. I can't leave here, I have to get this family situation under control. Sorry, I can't come in.
71. My child/nephew got hurt playing inside the microwave, so I'm taking him/her to the hospital because they are complaining
of a painful headache.
72. I won't make it in today, my ________(relative) has been called out for millitary duty so we are gathering before he/she leaves. I wan't to see
him/her before he/she departs.
73. My _________(family member) has just been accepted into the navy and is leaving today. I must go part with him/her.
I can't come into work today.
74. The my nephews/childs school went on a school trip today and they accidentally left my nephew/child behind,
they called to inform me, I'm so upset and I have to go pick him/her up. I can't make it in today.
75. My kid/nephew was sleeping in the tree house last night, and he/she broke through the floor, he/she is very hurt and crying.
I'm on my way to the hospital. I can't come into work today.
(Get someone to cry like a child in the backround)
76. I have a recitle to go to today before the wedding tomorrow. I can't miss my brother/sister's important wedding recitle today
and wedding tomorrow so I can't make it in today. (2 days off)
77. My child's pediatrician has very important news, I have to travel to ______(hospital far away). I'm not coming into work
my child has to do some tests.
78. My ________(family member) had a serious peanut butter allergic reaction, so I'm not coming into work today.
79. My ______(sister, aunt, mother) is going to give labour today so we are going to visit her at the hospital to
see the newborn and congratulate her on the baby. I can't come in today.
80. I have to go with my _____(wife, girlfriend, etc) for support while she has corrective surgery for her breasts.
I'm not coming into work today.
81. My son/daughter's lip ring was ripped off while he/she was playing with the dog. I'm taking him/her to the
hospital, I can't come in. (sound worried)
82. My ______(family member) fell off a ladder working on the house, he/she is badly injured and I'm taking him/her to get
checked out. I'm can't come into work today, I'm sorry.
83. I need to bail out my ________ (family member) out of jail/penetentionary, they got in some trouble again and he/she called
for my help. I need to help him/her so I can't come in.
84. My brother/sister stepped on shards of glass, he/she is bleeding badly and the bleeding won't stop. I covered it up to stop
the bleeding but I'm sure, he/she has glass stuck in his/her foot. He/she can't drive like this, so I'm taking him/her to the
85. My child/younger brother/sister is addicted to cocaine and I'm accompanying him/her to the doctors for some help.
86. My child/niece got her period for the first time and is freaking out, yelling, she is scared to death because she believes
she is bleeding to death. I need to stay here and take care of her, maybe get her some medicine to calm down. Sorry,
I can't come into work.
87. We recently found out after a study was done, that my niece/nephew has autism so we are all gathering today to visit
the family. I'm sorry this is important, I can't come in.
88. My daughter/niece was hurt during cheerleading practice and the school called me, so I went to go see how she was. She
should have been rushed to the hospital, because her ankle is super swollen and bruised. I am taking her to the hospital
now, I'm not going to be able to come in today.
89. I'm not able to come in today, My _______(family member) had a allergic reaction due to her new birth control pills,
I'm assisting her to the doctor's office/hospital.
90. My wife/girlfriend started new birth control pills today and had a serious allergic reaction. I'm rushing her to the
hospital. I can't come in.
91. I can't come into work today, I'm attending a school violence meeting for my child/niece/nephew because I recently
found out he/she is a bully to everyone at school. I am meeting with the principles today.
92. My _______(family member) that I live with had their tounge peircing ripped out by the dog because the dog thought it was
an insect inside his/her mouth. I can't come in today, I'm taking him/her to the hospital.
93. I'm going to spend some much needed time with my father/mother/children because it is their birthday today and I haven't
seen him/her in months. I can't come into work today.
94. My children were wrestling and one of them landed wrong, I think his/her leg is broken. I'm taking him/her to the hospital
and I can't come to work.
95. My son/daughter touched the fireplace when it was very hot so I'm taking them to the hospital. I can't come into work
today, my son/daughter is in so much pain.
96. My family members were very sick this week, now I feel like very sick. I believe I have contracted the sickness.
I'm not going to come in today.
97. My parents are separating and I have to stay home. It's a tough time in my life, I can't come in.
98. My son/daughter was sprayed by a skunk and I can't leave them like this all day. He/she need to get cleaned so he/she can
go back to school tomorrow. I can't come in today, I'm sorry.
99. My house wife/husband is missing. They never leave the house so I'm really worried and I'm going to report them missing.
I need to make missing signs, I can't come into work today.
100. I'm going to get my ______(family member) because they are being held hostage at a restaurant for not paying their bill.
Or else they will get charged for leaving and not paying their bill. I have to go help him/her out, I can't come into
101. My grandfather/grandmother is foaming from the mouth so I'm going to rush him/her to the emergency room. I'm really nervous
and I can't come into work today.