When you call in with a car problem, you should drive regularly or have a driver's license none-the-less. If you
are walking distanse to work and your employers know that, don't even try it. If you don't know, every car comes
with problems so new or old, shiney or rusty, your car can get you the day off of work. Enjoy your day off
where ever you choose to spend it. Remember, for most of these excuses you must stand near busy street or highway for
wind and busy street effects.
1. I can't come into work today the fan belt broke on my vehicle, and I'm on my way to the mechanics.
2. I won't be able to come into work today, my cars brakes are completely out and I have to tow the car to the
3. There was oil on the road my car slipped into the curb and my axile is completely damaged. I have to
get towed to the mechanics for a re-alinement.
4. I was driving to work while I was rear ended at a stop light. My bumper came off and I'm taking the car to
the mechanics to fix and so I can continue driving.
5. I'm not coming to work today, I rear ended someone on the way to work and my whole front end is undrivable so
I must go to the mechanics.
6. I can't come to work today, my car locks are frozen and nothing is working to open up the car doors.
7. I won't be coming into work today, someone drove into my car while it was on the drive way, I have to take it in to
8. When I went out of my house all my tires are flat, I'm getting a truck to take me and my car to the tire place I
won't be in today.
9. I wont be coming into work today, a tree fell on my car in_________(driveway, mall, park,etc), and I'm waiting for a tow
truck and he wont be here for a while to take me to the mechanics
10. Some prankster put a few bananas in my exhaust pipe and something blew when I started my car/van. I can't come
in, I'm waiting for the tow truck to take me to the mechanics.
11. I can't come into work todaym I parked my car in a no parking zone and it got towed away.Now I'm waiting for a taxi to take
me to the lot that it was towed to get my car back, but I don't know if I have the money to get the car back today and on t
top of that I don't know how long it will take.
12. My car broke down in the car wash and I have to wait for a tow truck to take me to the mechanics and wait for it
to get fixed.
13. My crazy ex-girlfriend/boyfriend smashed up my car up when I was sleeping, I have to tow my car to the mechanics and
fix it so i can drive to work tomorrow.
14. I hit a deer on a dark road last night, I reported it right away, I tried to brake but it ran right on the road.
I'm going to be at the mechanics all day, I can't make it to work today.
15. An eyelash got stuck in my eye and I crashed my car and it barely drives, I'm in the tow truck on the way to the
mechanics. I'm not able to come in.
16. My engine blew on my way in, so I'm waiting for a tow truck to take me to the mechanics. I can't come into work today.
17. My car was broken into when I went shopping, I have to stay and report it to the mall/store security, then report it to
police, and insurance. Then I have to replace my credit cards that were stolen so I'm not going to come in today. (or
18. I realized my gas tank is leaking so I ran out of gas again after filling it up, I'm waiting for a tow truck to come and take
me to the mechanics, I can't come into work.
19. I think someone put something in my gas tank, because I found my gas tank open this morning. I was driving to work and
my car broke down. I'm waiting for a tow truck to take me to the mechanics. I'm having a horrible day, I can't come into
20. I accidentally drove over a tall island on the road and I'm stuck until the tow truck arrives. My car won't turn on either
so I'm getting it towed to the mechanics, I can't come into work today.
21. My cousin broke my door key in my car ignition, when I instructed him/her to move my car. I'm getting towed to a locksmith
now and then to the mechanics to fix this problem. I'm not coming today.
22. The crack on my window finally broke when a large truck drove on a rock, spit the rock back, blazing through my windshield.
It's illegal to drive like this, so I'm going to replace my windshield today, I can't make it today, sorry.
23. My car is overheating and it started smoking up when I was on the highway, I'm getting a tow to the mechanics. I'm sorry
I can't come into work today.
24. I was driving to work and a baseball/golf ball came out of no where and smashed my windshield. When I looked, I was passing
by a baseball field/golf course and I'm heading immediately to replace my windshield. I'm not coming to work today.
25. My crazy ex-girlfriend/ex-boyfriend popped all my tires because I'm in a new relationship. I'm getting a big tow truck
to take me to a tire company. I can't come into work today.
26. The storm outside caused me to get into an accident, I have to deal with the driver and I have to go fix my car. I'm
waiting for the tow truck to come pick me up and take me to my mechanic shop. I'm not coming in.
27. There was an accident while I was driving by, a car hit the light pole and the light pole fell on my car.
I was pulling over as a witness when the light pole fell on my car. It fell because the car crashing into it,
now I'm waiting for a tow truck to take me to the mechanics. I'm not coming in.
28. I was driving back from my cottage last night, and my car broke down as soon as I was leaving. I stayed over night and
today I'm waiting for a mechanic in the area to check up and fix my car. I'm sorry, I can't make it in today.
29. I filled up gas at a new gas station, and I was driving on my way to work and my car broke down. I checked my receipt/bill
and I accidentally put in diesel. Now I'm waiting for the tow truck to take me to the mechanics. I can't come in today.
30. I was filling up gas and I filled up my extra fuel container up with gas. When I was driving off, the fuel container
started leaking in the backseat and my ciggarette ash caused a fire in the back of my car. Luckily I had a fire
extinguisher in the trunk, so I pulled over and put out the fire. I smell all like smoke and my car is all damaged.
I need to get the backseats fixed before ________(family member) sees it. I also need to shower because I smell like a
housefire. I'm going to need today off.
31. I was pulled over by police because one of my tires was really flat on the highway. I put on the donut wheel, that's
why I was going to be late. I Continued on my way to work, then started driving with the wrong size donut wheel, the donut wheel
was too small. It took my alignment off completely. I can't come into work now. I pulled over and waiting for a tow truck
to take me to my mechanics.
32. A garbage truck smashed into my back-end and I have to go fix it up at the mechanics. I'm so lucky my back is okay,
but I'm waiting for a tow truck to take me there. The only good thing is, that I don't have to pay for the damages. Sorry,
can't come in to work.
33. My insurance company wants to do a check on my car, to see that it is still stock. The only way to be insured and drive to
work is by going to do this check, so I can't come into work today.
34. My car was so shakey, it felt like the wheels were coming off, so I pulled over because it was about to give any second.
I'm waiting for a tow truck to take me to my mechanics so I can fix the problem and keep driving to work.
35. The car wash locked my tires and I'm stuck inside this car wash until the technician comes in to fix the problem.
Approximately they said it would take 4 to 6 hours for the technician to arrive. I'm probably not going to make it to
work today, I'll call and come in if the technician arrives and fixes it sooner.
36. I poured the wrong type oil in my car when I was changing my oil yesterday, my car broke down on the highway just now.
I'm waiting for a tow truck to get here, to take me to the mechanics. Sorr, I can't come in today.
37. I over inflatted my tire and it popped, good thing I wasn't looking at the tire when it popped because it could have
been very dangerous for my face and eyes. I don't have a spare to continue to drive to work. I'm waiting for the tow truck,
so I can go to my mechanics. I can't come into work today.
38. I'm not coming into work today, my car was stolen when I was sleeping. I'm waiting for the police to show up.
(when you return to work, say the theif took it for a joy ride and it was founded in ________city/town)
39. I'm not coming into work today, I ran over the curb, then my radiator cracked and my car is over heating. I'm waiting
for a tow truck, then will be headed to the mechanics.
40. I'm not coming in my tire just popped/blew up while I was driving on ________(highway or road). I pulled over
immediately, luckily I was driving on the right lane. I have no spare tire, so I'm waiting for a tow truck to pick me up
and take me to the mechanics.
41. I'm not coming into work today, I was driving there and my car caught fire. I pulled over and put it out with my
mini fire extinguisher I had in my trunk. I can't drive and I'm waiting for a tow truck.
42. I can't come into work today, my street is being paved and I can't drive out. I didn't see the notice and accidentally
parked on my driveway last night.
43. I can't come into work today, my garage door is broken and I can't use my car until someone comes to fic it.
44. I'm not coming into work today, I broke my car key unlocking the door and there is no spare. I'm getting towed to the
45. I was driving to work today and it was so windy that a garbage bin flew right under my car and caused some damage,
I'm getting towed to the mechanics soon to fix the problem. I won't make it today.
46. I can't come into work today, all the rain flooded my street and I can't drive out.
47. I can't drive to work today the streets are too slippery, I tried to drive out and I could
barely drive without the car slipping. It's very dangerous and better if I stay in.
48. I dropped my keys and it was raining so hard that the current took my keys into the sewer. I need to figure
this out since I only have one set of keys.